These are instructions on how to use FRM Pro Tool to flash or install stock firmware (ROM) on devices running on Sunplus Chipset.
Caution: Flashing or installing Stock Firmware (ROM) will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data before following the tutorial below.
Install Firmware using FRM Pro Tool
- Download and install the SunPlus USB Driver on the Computer (if in case SunPlus USB Drivers are already installed, then SKIP this Step).
- Download Stock Firmware (.bin based) of your Device (if in case you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware, then SKIP this Step or else you can find the .bin based Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Now, Extract FRM Pro Tool on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded it; if not then Download FRM Pro Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Double-Click on the FRM.exe file to Launch the Tool:
- Once the FRM Pro Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following window:
- Click on the Advanced Tab:
- Right-Click on the RSV and Select Set Working Folder:
- Locate the Firmware Folder (which you have downloaded in Step#1):
- Right-Click on the Bootload and Select Set File:
- Select Bootload.Bin file and Click on the OK button:
- Right-Click on the Firmware and Select Set File:
- Select Firmware.bin file Click on the OK button:
- Right-Click on the Working Folder and Select Create RSV Image:
- Click on the OK Button:
- Click on the Basics Tab:
- Click on the Platform Dropdown Menu and Select the Chipset of your device:
- Power Off the Device and Connect it to the Computer using the USB cable (you may have to press Boot key to get your device detected by the tool):
- Click on the ISP button to begin the flashing process:
After clicking on the ISP button, the progress bar will move forward till finishing the whole updating. And if the progress bar is disconnected or terminated, that means you failed to upgrade, please check your device and do it again.
[*] Device Not Detected: You can boot the mobile into the Flash Mode/Brush Mode by holding the X button while inserting the USB cable into the device. If you don’t do this, the device will go into standard U-disk mode, and the ISP update method will not work.
[*] SunPlus USB Driver: If you are looking for the original SunPlus USB Driver, then head over to the SunPlus Driver page.
[*] Credits: FRM Pro Tool is created and distributed by Sunplus mMedia Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.